Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Steph, Stephy, Rebecca...


are just a few of the names we call our sweet sister Stephanie. As I turn 24, she turns 23 the day before. We haven't ever celebrated a birthday without each other. Some may think I am kidding. However I am not, she arrived just one day before my first birthday. Our birthdays are on Saturday and Sunday, it is the first year we will not be celebrating together. A few months ago I made a very selfish comment about how I was going to have my birthday to myself. As the day draws closer I'm not sure what to do with myself. It will just not be the same. We have always wanted to be our own people, do our own things. Life hasn't always taken us in that direction. In high school we both were student trainers with the sports medicine program, we both wanted the car at the same time, we both spent two summers doing pest control, we both went on our first cruise together. Wanting to be our own people we have done plenty of things by ourself. I stayed close to home after high school to do sports medicine for one more year, she went away. The biggest difference between us is that she is Amazing! She loves helping people, she is an amazing peoples person. She can talk to anyone, I'm not quite the same way. As hard as it is to no have her here for our birthdays. I know that she is doing something she loves. Heavenly Father has truly not only blessed her in this adventure, but He has also blessed me and the rest of my family. I don't know what we would do without her. She is an inspiration. She makes me want to be a better person.

I want to share with you all a little of her greatness. This is the email she sent me for my day of birth.

Hello Meags! I know it is early but I wanted to send you a birthday wish! I know that we are apart but you are very close to my heart! I love you so much! You have always been there for me. I knew that you would always stand up for me when I needed you there. You are a great strength to me. Thanks from the bottom of my heart! You have a strong testimony and a desire to serve. You love people and you work hard. You know that you are a daughter of God. There are many people in this world that don't have that knowledge. Thank your Heavenly Father everyday for that knowledge. Know that I love you so much and that I think of you often. It is sometimes hard to grow up and have that realization but everything has a purpose. Evern though we are apart we are closer than we have ever been. We have the opportunity to grow through our letters, words and prayers. Thanks Meags for all you do! You are a bright spot in my life! I love you! I wish the happiest birthday ever!
Love your dear sister
Steph
¡Te amo!, in the words of Sister Colwell ¡Te freakin' amo!

3 comments:

Channynba said...

Oh steph is so sweet as you are too. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Telle said...

I think highly of the both of you. Happy Birthdays.

Kami said...

I too think very highly of both you and Stephy! Happy birthday to the both of you. I am so lucky to have gotten to know you guys. Your the best.