Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A fair 5k...

Ashy and I went the fair on Friday night. This is what we found walking around. A lone goat just hanging out. He was trying very hard to get something, he would go in and out of the railing. Poor Guy!


One of the Fair traditions is to go on the big yellow slide. Excuse my hair it was very windy...

Saturday morning I got up at 430 to get ready to go to Logan to run the Top of Utah 5k. I have never really loved running, ever since Ash and I have been training I have said that am going to start doing races. So 9 months later I finally did it. Vonda said she would do it with me. So here we are in Logan, before the race.
Here is the competition...We call him P90x, he was doing all kinds of stretches, many of them Tony does on P90x.
Here is Gramps, He is a pro 5ker. He has done many...I don't know that for sure. It sure looked like it though.
Here is P90x, look at how fast he is going!
There I go. Almost done...I had to get new shoes last week, I have had shin splints every time I have ran. So my run wasn't as good as I hoped for. I walk a little, maybe a half mile. The rest of it I was running. My goal was to get it done in 40 min. I did it in 36min 50 sec.
here we are! It was a really great accomplishment. I will be running more(in different shoes) and eventually a marathon.

6 comments:

Missy said...

I didn't know you did the 5K! That's so awesome! Great Job!

Cali said...

Good job Meag! You look great... and I'm sure it felt awesome to do that- keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Great job! U look GREAT girl!!

Natalie said...

good for you, next year I want to run a 5k with you!!!

SHELLS BELLS! said...

What a weekend. Love the pics of our new 'friends' from the 5K.

Anonymous said...

good for you!!!!