Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Conquering Colon Cancer 2010

One of my greatest accomplishments of 2010 was the race. When I started this project I had no idea how much work it really was going to be. It was all worth it! I started to have panic attacks and nightmares about how it would happen. I was nervous I didn't have all my I's dotted and T's crossed. It's a good thing my family and friends loves me. The night before the race my Aunt was a life saver. She made me sit down and organize things I would have never thought of. The morning of the race, my team and I woke up early to make sure we had time to get everything ready. We set up a in freezing wind and rain. SO COLD! We were all saying prayers that the weather would lighten up for the race. It did the weather calmed down long enough for us to send the runners on there way and run the race. As soon as started cleaning it up, it started raining and blowing again. I will never be able to express my gratitude to those who made sacrifices to participate, help, and donate to this cause. As runners were starting to show up, I felt like I was running all over, trying to make sure we were ready. Before I knew it, we were cleaning up. As I drove home I couldn't control my tears, my heart was full. I thought about what I was able to accomplish. I would have never been able to accomplish it without the help of my classmates, family, friends, and strangers. I continue to reflect on what the race was able to do for not only me but those who participated in any manner. I learned that I can be a leader. I can do hard things. I can ask for help, and I don't ever have to do it alone.

Conquering Colon Cancer 2010














(Don't judge us...it was freezing and the wind was blowing a 100mph)

No comments: