Saturday, January 15, 2011

Roller Coaster of Love

January 13, 2011

Charlie and Hannah welcomed baby number 3.

Her name Kennedy Adele Mickelsen.

I could not hold her until today.

I have been sick with a cold.

This is how Kennedy felt about it...

Onced she realized her favorite Aunty could finally hold her,

she decided she needed to let me know with a little smile.This week has been a little crazy for our family. Our sweet Grandma fell on Tuesday morning, she spent most of the week in the hospital. She was able to leave and go to another facility where she has to learn how to stand up and walk with a walker. I spent the day with her yesterday. I had to leave the room, to cry and pull myself together.
This week we welcome a new sweet spirit in our lives, and we also have to start preparing ourselves for another to leave this world. Since September my Gram has had life changes that come with getting old. No longer being able to live in her own home, moving to facilities where she is totally dependent on staff. All things we wish we didn't have to deal with. Depending on others to love and care for someone you love is hard, but we have to do it, so our Gram can be safe.


Life is hard sometimes.

1 comment:

leslie miles stobbe said...

Kind of an amazing post- tackles tough things like losing a loved one, but it also is awesome because it brings a new little person into the world! I love it. Love ya Meag.