Wednesday, October 22, 2008

How do you take it?

This last weekend I went dancing in Pleasant Grove, some of the old dance team was there. One of the boys on the team, who I have learned a lot from and is always telling me how much I have improved.  Which is very nice of him, sometimes I don't feel like I am very good, but I LOVE doing it. With that being said he comes up to me on Saturday night and this is the conversation we have....
him: Hey I have a question for you? 
me: Ok
him: I have this new roommate who is from Michigan( I think) and wants to learn how to dance, I think that you would be great to teach him, he is a bigger guy, and I think that you would do great. 
me: ok, sure...as he was talking, my first thought was that I was not going to take it personally.  I'm sure that he was not meaning anything other then I'm a good dancer.  
Well last night was the night,  I took a friend so I would have someone else to teach too.  It is easier to learn when you dance with other people.  I was afraid that I was going to get stuck dancing with this boy all night.  He was catching on pretty quick, but we did the same three moves, and his hands were super sweaty.   I did get to dance with others, one who I've seen around a lot but have been to intimidated to ask to dance with, last night I found the courage, it was a really great dance. I can't wait to dance with him again.  YAY! for dance crushes! 

At work today I got the same kind of question from a co-worker, I think we were getting kids ready to go to somewhere and she asks me what my last job was,  I told her that I did summer sales, and before,  I was in a class room with 7-12th graders.  She goes "oh, I thought it was some where, where you got to shop a lot."  How do I take that?  I was a little shocked, and I think she say that in my face, later she says "I hope I didn't offend you, by my comment."  I told her no, I think that it is a compliment.  I have noticed that I do dress differently from those that I work with, but not that much.  All my life I have always like to be a little different, sometimes is really crazy and weird, and others it is just like everyone else.  I guess that it really comes down to my confidence, it really has grown a lot in the year.  I am so grateful that I can take both these situations and take the best from them.  Its these situations that make us stronger.

1 comment:

Kami said...

haha... Weren't you a professional shopper once? Just kidding. You always dress so dang cute.