Sunday, November 2, 2008

Wiikend!

I should have blog about this last weekend, but I didn't, big surprise.  The company I work for during the summer has an end of the year banquet.  It was last weekend, I didn't find out about it until 3 days before, that is what happens when you are just a technician.  I had a friend fly in on Friday night,  I had spent the day with a friend in Provo on Friday, I stayed until the very last moment possible before I had to be at the airport.  I had been on the freeway for like 100 yards and this semi starts to come over in my lane.  All I could do was slam on my brakes, honk my horn and swerve into the emergency lane.  I left some skid marks that were probably like 10 feet long.  I sat in my car for a minute to get my heart back to a normal pace.  I then got out of my car to make sure everything was ok.  It looked to be fine.  When I started driving again my wheel shook a little bit, I called my dad who was in Vegas, he didn't answer.  Which is unusual for him, he always answers.  I try again, nothing.  So I call my brother, he assures me that I am ok to drive home, but if it gets worse to stop and call him.   I thought about crying, but didn't cause I was ok, I wasn't hurt and my car was fine.  So I try to rush home, so that I can make it to the airport on time.  I run home and switch cars and make to airport on time.  As I'm getting to the airport my dad finally calls me back, apparently his phone didn't ring and he got my message an hour after I had called, he told me not to drive my car and to have my brother drive it the next day.  I was totally fine with that, I love driving my moms car, so it was  good excuse. 

Saturday Ash and I just hung out, got our hair done, then I went to the Banquet with my friend. The banquet is usually filled with good food, and reminiscing about the summer.  They give away really good prizes.  The first year Steph won a Mountain Bike ( which she is now using on her mission) Last year we both won a ticket on to the Cruise,  and this year I won a Wii, and rockband for the Wii.  So great!! Ash has been saving her baby-sitting money for rockband and the wii.  So as soon as I won it I called her to let her know.  She was so excited!  I couldn't get home fast enough to set it all up.   It is so fun!  I love Tennis, and bowling. I am not so good at rockband, but I'm sure it is only a matter of time.   Smash is really good at it.  We have had several people over to enjoy the great win.  

1 comment:

Cali said...

Woah! Crazy! I can't believe the semi almost drove you off the road! Thanks for coming to play- and I can't believe you won a wii! How do you keep winning things??