Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Girl Technicians?!?

 I am driving out to my area this morning when a car full of boys drive by me.  They were all in white dress shirts.  As they drive by, they all look.  One continues to look so I waved and said Hi. He smiled, turned around and told the other boys something.  What I don't know.  The driver then does the raise the roof motion.  I can only imagine what they were thinking.  Then this afternoon I was driving out of a gas station when another car full of boys where white polos drive by.  They all smiled. 
My conclusion to this is that we are all out here for summer sales.  They knew that I was not a regular technician.  And I could tell that they were not just a group of boys just hanging out. It was so funny!  Two in one day.  Every company is going for the same look. 
I do get a lot of  "you normally don't see a lot of girls doing this job." Sometimes customers are grateful to have a girl and others don't like it.  Its just one of those things. Girls can do the same things as boys. We just aren't use to seeing things that aren't normal.  Me, Not normal! 

No comments: