Monday, May 12, 2008

Sunday Traditions!

Last year in San Fran we would all get together after church and play games. It was they only time that we really have to be normal people. I am not lying every other waking hour of the week is all about pest control.  Live, breath and eat it.  We started playing Mofia one sunday and it became our little tradition. We all looked forward to Sunday night because it was so much fun. 
This summer I think that it'll be the same. We all got together last night and played Mofia. It took a couple of rounds for everyone to get. I don't know that it'll ever get as intense as last years rounds with Tom and Dave. They were/are very good at playing the game. After a couple of rounds we decided to play some other games.  The first Big Booty.  I didn't play big booty, because someone needs to record it on film......I just really don't like it.  After Big Booty we played a game I call the name game, some others called it Kings, Chairs, etc. It is a game played girls vs. boys.   The girls were so close to winning and someone need some help remembering a name so I helped a little.  Jeff looked at me and called me a cheater. No one else saw me.  I then continued to help my teammates out.   Jeff caught me again and we called it a girls victory. We played one more game and Jeff cheated just as bad as me.  It was so funny. It was so enjoyable. YAY! for sunday night games. 
After games everyone headed home to get ready for the week.  Ryan of course leaves his things at our apartment. I think he did it so he could see us again one more time.  So I walked them over.  As I was walking to his apartment some of the other girls we walking back to there apartment, when one of them fainted.  At first I thought that she was just being silly, after all we had just finished a night a lot of fun.  That thought only last a second. By the time I reached her she was coming back to consciousness.  I ran to get the boys. We all were there trying to calm her down, the security guard called 911.  Some of us went to the hospital to make sure she was all taken care of.   When we walked into the hospital we all just kinda looked at each other wondering what we were getting ourselves into.  The ER waiting room was  full of all kinds of people.   Some of who were probably there just for a place to sleep on something for a couple of hours. Others who were had made some bad choices.  It was quite the experience.  I didn't get home until 3 in the morning and got up and 6 for my days work.  As I have contemplating the events of Sunday I am so lucky to be where I am and am lucky to have such great people around me that want the same things.  Friends who would do anything to make sure we are all okay.  Many of us who have just meet each other.  However it is long enough to know that we are all in it together, and will do whatever it takes.   I am so grateful to have such great family and friends. I would stay up that late every night if that is what I need to do to make sure those around me know that I love them and am willing to do whatever it takes. 

5 comments:

Telle said...

Amen. You are that kind of a person, and I'm glad you've benn there for me. Love Love

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Remember playing mafia last year when Stef, Lohrs, and I visited? Ha Ha.

Kami said...

2 items
1.Maybe you should inform everybody that is in sac with you that you are a compulsive cheater. Remember last year when you and Cali cheated while playing Phase 10? interesting. Also, i loved playing mafia with you because we would form an alliance and help eachother out... aka.. CHEAT.. haha..

2. Remember when.... we took you to the hospital in TN? haha... Steph, Tom and I went and got shakes while waiting for you to come out.. with Stephs money of course.. haha... Memories... I love reading your blog it reminds me of good and not so good times.. haha

Channynba said...

I am so excited to see that you have a blog...me too. Glad to see that all is going well.

Lohra said...

Yeah, and Shelley swore I wasn't mafia so I could win. Ah...yes...and the pillow fight which I also won.