Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mishap...



This week I got a new webber. I use it to take down all the webs and wasp nest around the home. It is a poll that extends like 50 feet.  My old one was fiber glass and really old. I was getting slivers from it because I don't have to wear gloves when I am using it.  So I asked for a new one, this new webber is metal and really heavy. I didn't realize how much power it had until I was letting it down and it fell.  My hand was in the way....

I pinched it pretty good, I thought that I could get away with finishing the service and then run to the grocery store to get it all cleaned up. I was bleeding all over the place.  I had to knock on the customers door and ask to wash off my hand and a band-aid. She was very helpful. I finished the service with only a little more gushing from my wound.  I ran to the grocery store to get more band-aids. The rest of the day I battled with dry blood all around the band-aid.  
It will be a nice callus when it finally heals.  It won't be the only one.  My hands turn into man hands over the summer. 

This week has been quite the adventure, our office lost 4 people.  Some because they weren't selling, others cause they just wanted to travel and others cause the didn't have the determination to do summer sales.  Sumer sales isn't for everyone. This gig isn't easy, I think that a lot of people think that its a walk in the park and anyone could do it. I am here to tell you that it isn't and it can be really hard and your not sure why you do it. It also can be rewarding.  The money defiantly is worth it.  It's a really great accomplishment, to say that you worked really hard for four months so you don't have to work quite as hard while in school, is all some people need.  I still have to work just as hard because I am a Technician and I don't get paid as much.  It is still an accomplishment for me to be able to say that I did summer sales and it was hard but I got through it.  It is still early in the summer, and the hard times are yet to come for me. I know that they are coming, its a matter of time.  But I will take them on and push through them, to become the best person I can be.   I hope that I can remember that it is a small challenge, and that I have it pretty easy. I am very lucky to have the family and friends that I do, and to be where I am today. 

3 comments:

Telle said...

Holy Cow Meags!! That looks like it still hurts! Be careful out there. It was nice to hear from you the other day. I think you are so great. Love

Lohra said...

As a reward for your hard work I got you a souvenir in Greece...a spoon! I hope you don't already have one!

Cali said...

Ouch! Man hands are attractive though.. so no worries!! :)